7. Reaven GM. Hypertriglyceridemia: The central feature of Syndrome X. Cardiovasc ¡8 Risk Factors 1996; 6:29-35. S
8. Reaven GM, Lithell H, Landsberg L. Hypertension and associated metabolic abnor-malities—the role of insulin resistance and the sympathoadrenal system. N Engl J Med 1996; 334:374-381.
9. Chen YD-I, Reaven GM. Insulin resistance and atherosclerosis. Diabetes Rev 1997; ^ 5:331-342. Q
10. Reaven GM. The kidney: an unwilling accomplice in syndrome X. Am J Kidney Dis 1997; 30:928-931.
11. Reaven GM. Do high carbohydrate diets prevent the development or attenuate the manifestations (or both) of syndrome X? A viewpoint strongly against. Curr Opin Lipidol 1997; 8:23-27.
12. Yip J, Facchini FS, Reaven GM. Resistance to insulin-mediated glucose disposal as a predictor of cardiovascular disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1998; 83:27732776.
13. Reaven GM. Insulin resistance and human disease: a short history. Clin Physiol Pharmacol 1998; 9:387-406.
14. Jeppesen J, Facchini FS, Reaven GM. Individuals with high total cholesterol/HDL cholesterol ratios are insulin resistant. J Intern Med 1998; 243:293-298.
15. Abbasi F, McLaughlin T, Lamendola C, Yeni-Komshian H, Tanaka A, Wang T, Nakajima K, Reaven GM. Fasting remnant lipoprotein cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations are elevated in nondiabetic, insulin-resistant, female volunteers. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999; 84:3903-3906.
16. Abbasi F, McLaughlin T, Lamendola C, Lipinska I, Tofler G, Reaven GM. Comparison of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 concentration in insulin-resistant versus insulin-sensitive healthy women. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 1999; 19:28182821.
17. Chen N-G, Holmes M, Reaven GM. Relationship between insulin resistance, soluble adhesion molecules, and mononuclear cell binding in healthy volunteers. J Clin En-docrinol Metab 1999; 84:3485-3489.
18. Chen N-G, Abbasi F, Lamendola C, McLaughlin T, Cooke JP, Tsao PS, Reaven GM. Mononuclear cell adherence to cultured endothelium is enhanced by hypertension and insulin resistance in healthy nondiabetic volunteers. Circulation 1999; 100: 940-943.
19. Abbasi F, McLaughlin T, Lamendola C, Kim H-S, Tanaka A, Wang T, Nakajima K, Reaven GM. High carbohydrate diets, triglyceride-rich lipoproteins, and coronary heart disease risk. Am J Cardiol 2000; 85:45-48.
20. Yeni-Komshian H, Carantoni M, Abbasi F, Reaven GM. Relationship between several surrogate estimates of insulin resistance and quantification of insulin-mediated glucose disposal in 490 healthy, nondiabetic volunteers. Diabetes Care 2000; 23: 171-175.
Was this article helpful?