Leave about a Vi-inch space between the pieces on the skewers to allow for even cooking.
1. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with VS> teaspoon salt and the pepper. In shallow dish, place milk. In another shallow dish, place cereal and parsley; dip chicken into milk, then coat with cereal.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (170CF). Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
3. In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Cook zucchini, eggplant, roasted peppers, onion and garlic in oil 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 3 tablespoons water and the lime juice; cook about 1 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat 1Vi cups water and V* teaspoon salt to boiling. Stir in couscous. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff couscous with fork.
5. On large serving platter, place couscous. Top with chicken and vegetables. Serve with lime wedges.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
1 SERVING: Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 130): Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 2.5g; Trans Fat Og); Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 410mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 9g. Sugars 5g): Protein 35g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 35%: Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 8%; Iron 20% Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1V4 Vegetable. 4 Very Lean Meat. 2 Fat
Sunny Mediterranean Chicken
3 Prep Time: 30 Minutes carb Start to Finish: 30 Minutes choices ] Servings:6
CHICKEN 1 cup Fiber One" cereal
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1% lb) Vz teaspoon salt % teaspoon pepper V* cup fat-free (skim) milk 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
VEGETABLES V* cup olive or canola oil 1 medium zucchini, sliced (2 cups) 1 small unpeeled eggplant, cubed (2 cups) 1 jar (7 or 7.25 oz) roasted red bell peppers, drained, cut into '/2-inch strips 1/2 large red onion, sliced, separated into rings 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons water
4 teaspoons lime juice
COUSCOUS 1 Vi cups water Vi teaspoon salt
1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
GARNISH 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
Dijon Chicken Smothered in Mushrooms
, y2 Prep Time: 20 Minutes carb j Start to Finish: 20 Minutes Servings: 4
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1% lb)
% cup Gold Medal* all-purpose flour
Vi teaspoon salt
Va teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil yh cup roasted garlic-seasoned chicken broth
(from 14-oz can) 1 jar (4.5 oz) Green Giant' sliced mushrooms, drained
1 Vi tablespoons Dijon mustard Chopped fresh thyme, if desired
1. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place chicken breast half with smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about Va inch thick. Repeat with remaining chicken. In shallow pan, stir together flour, salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat both sides of chicken with flour mixture.
Cook chicken in hot oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to serving plate; cover to keep warm.
3. Stir broth into skillet. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms and mustard. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with thyme.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
1 SERVING: Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 110): Total Fat I2g (Saturated Fat 2.5g: Trans Fat Og); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 760mg: Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars Og); Protein 33g % Dally Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%: Calcium 2%; Iron 10% Exchanges:' i Starch. 4M> Very Lean Meat. 1V4 Fat
Was this article helpful?