Chicken-Vegetable Soup with Dumplings
-|1/Z Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Start to Finish: 35 Minutes Servings: 6 (1 cup each)
2 cups cut-up cooked chicken 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
(from three 14-oz cans) 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 bag (1 lb) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained 1 cup Original Bisquick" mix Vi cup fat-free (skim) milk
1. In 3-quart saucepan, heat all ingredients except Bisquick mix and milk to boiling, stirring occasionally.
2. In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix and milk with fork until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 18 teaspoonfuls onto boiling soup. If dumplings sink into soup, carefully bring to top of broth with slotted spoon.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover: cook 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 70%; Vitamin C 4%: Calcium 8%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Lean Meat
Italian Beef and Bean Soup
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Start to Finish: 40 Minutes Servings: 5 (about 1'/? cups each)
2 teaspoons Gold Medal* all-purpose flour V* teaspoon salt V* teaspoon pepper
Vi lb boneless beef round steak, cut into Vz-inch cubes 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil 1 can (15 oz) Progresso" cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
2 cups frozen Italian-blend vegetables (from 1 -lb bag)
3 cups water
Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
1. In 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag, place flour, salt and pepper. Seal bag; shake until blended. Add beef; seal bag and shake until beef is evenly coated with flour mixture.
2. In 3-quart heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown on all sides.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with cheese.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change. Nutrition Information Per Serving:
1 SERVING: Calories 220 (Calories trom Fat 40); Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g: Trans Fat Og); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 250mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 7g; Sugars 4g); Protein 19g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 8%: Calcium 10%; Iron 30% Exchanges: 1V4 Starch. 1 Vegetable. 1V4 Very Lean Meat. V4 Fat
Was this article helpful?
What will this book do for me? A growing number of books for laymen on the subject of health have appeared in the past decade. Never before has there been such widespread popular interest in medical science. Learn more within this guide today and download your copy now.